* [9front] werc got "hacked"
@ 2022-03-31  9:38 hiro
From: hiro @ 2022-03-31  9:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

some 4chan has looked into the werc and found some files, some of
which seem to be the werc passwords.

posting here in case somebody has a werc password that is also used in
other places.

* Re: [9front] werc got "hacked"
@ 2022-03-31 22:46 ` Stanley Lieber
From: Stanley Lieber @ 2022-03-31 22:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

meanwhile, all werc accounts have been disabled.

sl

> On Mar 31, 2022, at 6:34 PM, hiro <23hiro@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> some 4chan has looked into the werc and found some files, some of
> which seem to be the werc passwords.
>
> posting here in case somebody has a werc password that is also used in
> other places.

* Re: [9front] werc got "hacked"
@ 2022-04-02 19:43 ` Hensley
From: Hensley @ 2022-04-02 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

did we take down the 9front.org pages or was that 4chan?

> some 4chan has looked into the werc and found some files, some of
>
> which seem to be the werc passwords.
>
> posting here in case somebody has a werc password that is also used in
>
> other places.

* Re: [9front] werc got "hacked"
@ 2022-04-02 20:42   ` Stanley Lieber
From: Stanley Lieber @ 2022-04-02 20:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

we turned off the entire vm until we had a fix. 4chan was able to read files outside the website root, but nothing private was stored on the server. very old werc passwords for defunct websites were leaked, as well as all of our mailing list subscriber lists that any of them thought to look for. no other form of attack was reported by 4chan, or detected by us.

sl