* [9front] mecurial
@ 2022-01-30 20:09 thinktankworkspaces
From: thinktankworkspaces @ 2022-01-30 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

So evidently mecurial has been removed or something. Most of the packages I have instlled
are using hg in some way or fasion. For example werc.

Is there a git repo for werc to I can do a pull and get the latest.

* Re: [9front] mecurial
@ 2022-01-30 21:08 ` Stanley Lieber
From: Stanley Lieber @ 2022-01-30 21:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

On January 30, 2022 8:09:24 PM UTC, thinktankworkspaces@gmail.com wrote:
>So evidently mecurial has been removed or something. Most of the packages I have instlled
>are using hg in some way or fasion. For example werc.
>
>Is there a git repo for werc to I can do a pull and get the latest.

i was going to point you here:

http://fqa.9front.org/fqa8.html#8.12.3

but it seems this is still full of lies. instead, you can find the old python and mercurial source here:

http://plan9.stanleylieber.com/src/pyhg.tgz

should still work.

removal of this was announced loudly at the time, but perhaps we (i) dropped the ball on updating the documentation.

sorry.

sl

* Re: [9front] mecurial
@ 2022-01-30 23:06   ` sl
From: sl @ 2022-01-30 23:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> http://fqa.9front.org/fqa8.html#8.12.3

i have fixed the documentation.

sl

* Re: [9front] mecurial
@ 2022-01-31  7:05     ` sirjofri
From: sirjofri @ 2022-01-31  7:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

31.01.2022 00:06:48 sl@stanleylieber.com:

>> http://fqa.9front.org/fqa8.html#8.12.3
>
> i have fixed the documentation.

With a small typo: lovee instead of loves ;)

Thanks for fqa!

sirjofri

* Re: [9front] mecurial
@ 2022-01-31 16:16       ` Stanley Lieber
From: Stanley Lieber @ 2022-01-31 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

On January 31, 2022 7:05:15 AM UTC, sirjofri <sirjofri+ml-9front@sirjofri.de> wrote:

>31.01.2022 00:06:48 sl@stanleylieber.com:
>
>>> http://fqa.9front.org/fqa8.html#8.12.3
>>
>> i have fixed the documentation.
>
>With a small typo: lovee instead of loves ;)
>
>Thanks for fqa!
>
>sirjofri

thanks

* Re: [9front] mecurial
@ 2022-02-02 18:02     ` thinktankworkspaces
From: thinktankworkspaces @ 2022-02-02 18:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Quoth sl@stanleylieber.com:
> > http://fqa.9front.org/fqa8.html#8.12.3
>
> i have fixed the documentation.
>
> sl

Great but all the packages still have hg metatdata, status, init all that stuff.

* Re: [9front] mecurial
@ 2022-02-02 19:04   ` thinktankworkspaces
From: thinktankworkspaces @ 2022-02-02 19:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Quoth Stanley Lieber <sl@stanleylieber.com>:
> On January 30, 2022 8:09:24 PM UTC, thinktankworkspaces@gmail.com wrote:
> >So evidently mecurial has been removed or something. Most of the packages I have instlled
> >are using hg in some way or fasion. For example werc.
> >
> >Is there a git repo for werc to I can do a pull and get the latest.
> >

> i was going to point you here:
>
> http://fqa.9front.org/fqa8.html#8.12.3
>
> but it seems this is still full of lies. instead, you can find the old python and mercurial source here:
>
> http://plan9.stanleylieber.com/src/pyhg.tgz
>
> should still work.
>
> removal of this was announced loudly at the time, but perhaps we (i) dropped the ball on updating the documentation.
>
> sorry.
>
> sl

No. Much praise for the effort. I suppose I need to download that with much resistence.

I see sysupdate is using: git/pull -u gits://git.9front.org/plan9front/plan9front

But if anyone else made packages. It would be nice to have links for those locations.

I know I'm complaining for no reason and I just need to look around a bit more.

* Re: [9front] mecurial
@ 2022-02-02 20:08       ` Stanley Lieber
From: Stanley Lieber @ 2022-02-02 20:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

On February 2, 2022 6:02:11 PM UTC, thinktankworkspaces@gmail.com wrote:
>Quoth sl@stanleylieber.com:
>> > http://fqa.9front.org/fqa8.html#8.12.3
>>
>> i have fixed the documentation.
>>
>> sl
>
>Great but all the packages still have hg metatdata, status, init all that stuff.

what packages?

sl