From: james palmer <james@biobuf.link>
To: 9front@9front.org
Subject: Re: [9front] Venti in 9front
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2021 18:59:10 +0100	[thread overview]

Quoth sirjofri+ml-9front@sirjofri.de:
> That's also a solution. I assume you used vac Did you change the 9fs
> script to fit the venti situation (9fs dump)?

yes i did use vac.
i changed 9fs to do "vacfs -m /n/dump /sys/lib/vac/dump.vac".

> It would be great if you could share more details (and scripts?) for your
> venti backup solution with cwfs nodump.

the script wasn't too complicated, pretty sure it was just:

#!/bin/rc
cd /root
vac -h fs -t -a /sys/lib/vac/dump.vac *

the cwfs with no dump is the same config as on the wiki. one thing to note is it uses the same code as the cache so it can't handle being full and you can't see how full it is.

- james