From: Jacob Moody <moody@mail.posixcafe.org>
To: 9front@9front.org
Subject: Re: [9front] ktrans
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2022 16:57:06 -0600	[thread overview]

On 7/8/22 09:15, Xiao-Yong Jin wrote:

>> On Jul 7, 2022, at 7:38 PM, kokamoto@hera.eonet.ne.jp wrote:
>>
>> 3) more precisely, WE DON'T NEED TO WRITE PROGRAMS FOR INDIVIDUAL
>> LANGUAGE!
>
> Current code in 9front has built-in kata, hira, cyril, greek, hangul, mappings in the header file.
> I hope it can become individual files that lives outside of the binary.

I want to make ktrans serve a fs where a user can upload mappings/dictionaries.
That way they can live outside the program and the user can just load whichever
specific one they prefer.

>> Kenji
>>
>> PS. if chinese has not so homophone, it may be easier to include it in ktrans...
>
> Pronunciation is only one constricted way of mapping ascii to 漢字.
> I'm interested in this, https://raw.githubusercontent.com/fcitx/fcitx-table-data/master/wbx.txt

I got this dictionary working with a tiny bit of modifications, but I would like to ask
your opinion of how the completion should work.

Currently how I have it working is 漢字 is only looked up explicitly using [^\], but
ascii are otherwise passed along. Is this how it should be? Or should it map more similarly
to how the kana is done (implicit lookup)?

Thank you,
moody