From: qwx@sciops.net
To: 9front@9front.org
Subject: Re: [9front] Igfx eDP timeout - no graphics
Date: Sat, 21 May 2022 10:34:50 +0200	[thread overview]

On Fri May 20 07:12:44 +0200 2022, qwx@sciops.net wrote:
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but ironlake has LVDS for the internal
> display; eDP replaces it from haswell on.
[...]
> If you're using a particular vgadb entry, make sure it has "lcd=1";
> that will select LVDS, ie.  the internal display.

I'm full of shit, looking into it I realized that it's the other way
around, LVDS was dropped in haswell while eDP has been around since
sandybridge at least, certainly on the CF-52.  Sorry!

I hope I'm not adding to the confusion too much, but display #1
corresponds to the vga port on the machine, ie.  an external monitor;
display #2 would be LVDS, and #3 eDP/DPA.  They're 0-indexed in the
code, so it's 0, 1, and 2 when specifying them.  The internal display
should correspond to eDP in your case, so display #3 (2 in the code).
IIRC the ',#N' syntax is also specific to vesa and not recognized by
igfx (/sys/src/cmd/aux/vga/vesa.c:/^cracksize).  I hope I've got that
much correct and not telling more lies.

Regardless, after you trying more or less everything, there's nothing
much else to do but debug the actual code, so these traces or other
random attempts will not help.  I'd look into how displayport is setup
in igfx and try to fix it.  I need to do that as well, but as usual,
no promises.

Good luck!  Hope that helps,
qwx