* [9front] new rc breaks /sys/lib/man/permind
@ 2022-01-04 20:16 sirjofri
From: sirjofri @ 2022-01-04 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Hello 9front,

I found a bug which appeared after the rc updates and prevents us from
building the print.pdf file of the manual.  I found a workaround.

The issue is the first line in /sys/lib/man/permind/dopermind:

   {echo -n $FONTS; cat <<'!'} | troff
   ...lots of stuff here...
   !

The workaround looks like this:

   {echo -n $FONTS; cat <<'!'
   ...lots of stuff here...
   !
   } | troff

, which is not that nice.

Also, humm is mentioning the following output, which could be related:

   ; prompt = ('; ' '>')
   ; {cat<<!}
   >>abc
   >def
   >!
   >!
   #d/0:6: token !: syntax error

which "works" when replacing the last ! with another ENTER hit.

For completeness, I should mention where I am:

   3568e27ec8774a212564c8d2bf6b3d9a19d4d571
   cinap_lenrek <cinap_lenrek@felloff.net>
   rc: only have single instance of a symbol, extern in header (thanks mcf)

I hope that helps.

sirjofri

only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-01-04 20:57 UTC | newest]