I am in favor of this and also putting the service directory in .hgignore. Creation of log files would be nice too. On May 20, 2015 11:16:35 AM PDT, sl@9front.org wrote: >Why are so many services enabled by default? > >I propose to disable the following in the default install by moving >them from tcp* to !tcp*. Functionality can be enabled by simply >copying !tcp* back to tcp* (and following whatever other procedures >were already required). > >Let's turn these off: > > tcp110 # pop3 > tcp143 # imap > tcp21 # ftp > tcp23 # telnet > tcp25 # smtp > tcp53 # dns > tcp513 # rlogind > tcp993 # imap over tls > tcp995 # pop3 over tls > >In addition: Items that are left enabled by default (and really, even >the ones disabled by default) should be checked to ensure that the >installer creates the log files they attempt to write to. > >I volunteer to do this if no one objects. > >sl