* [9front] more rc heredoc bugs
@ 2022-01-06  7:47 qwx
From: qwx @ 2022-01-06  7:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Hello,

This previous problem persists, but differently:  it happens
in scripts.  The prompt below is ('; ' '	'), I've pasted
the output of commands.

Thanks,
qwx

; cat <<! | cat
asdf
!
asdf
; cat <<EOF >a
	#!/bin/rc
	cat <<! | cat
	asdf
	!
EOF
; cat a
#!/bin/rc
cat <<! | cat
asdf
!
; rc a
./a:5: token EOF: syntax error
; chmod +x a
; a
./a:5: token EOF: syntax error
;

* Re: [9front] more rc heredoc bugs
@ 2022-01-07  7:56 ` Eckard Brauer
From: Eckard Brauer @ 2022-01-07  7:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

but seems to work with p9p:

$ 9 rc
% cat <<EOF >a
        #!/bin/rc
        cat <<! | cat
        asdf
        !
        EOF
% 9 rc ./a
asdf

currently, no access to a P9 machine.

* Re: [9front] more rc heredoc bugs
@ 2022-01-07 11:49   ` sirjofri
From: sirjofri @ 2022-01-07 11:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Hello,

Just to throw it into this thread: I sent an email before about this bug
(thread: new rc breaks /sys/lib/man/ permind, a few days ago).

Some people on discord tested with an older version of 9front rc (before
the updates) and it worked there.

I don't know what changed and what was reverted, and I posted a work
around for the permind file, however this is not a fix.

sirjofri

* Re: [9front] more rc heredoc bugs
@ 2022-01-07 20:53   ` cinap_lenrek
From: cinap_lenrek @ 2022-01-07 20:53 UTC (permalink / raw)