From: Jens Staal <staal1978@gmail.com>
To: 9front@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: difference cdrom boot and 9fat boot?
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 19:14:09 +0200	[thread overview]

It does print e820 parameters when booting from disk: lots of zeroes
(I had to boot several times to check this... passes by very fast) and
ends with 9f800

If it is 9bootfat I must have had extremely bad luck since also 9atom
had exactly the same issue.
If it is Grub (which would not surprise me...), it is strange that the
official Plan9 9pcf could boot...

I am starting to wonder if I should aim for a native install of the
official Plan9, then pull the broadcom driver from the 9front CD and
update from there.... Probably this would be faster than figuring this
out :)

About IRC: I will try as soon as I get home from work (IRC blocked
from the work network)

Thanks for all the help!

Cheers
Jens