* 64bit for 9front?
@ 2011-06-07  9:21 staalmannen
From: staalmannen @ 2011-06-07  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Hi I just read about the rather interesting experimental "nix" 64-bit
plan9 kernel on 9fans.

https://bitbucket.org/npe/nix

My question is simply: would it be theoretically possible to set up
9front as 32/64 bit dual boot via a kernel choice (pcf vs nix) in the
plan9.ini?

How does plan9 64bit kernels work? Do they also support 32bit binaries
or would the 64bit directories first have to be populated?

* Re: 64bit for 9front?
@ 2011-06-07  9:26 ` Noah Evans
From: Noah Evans @ 2011-06-07  9:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

You need a different 9load, pload(usually we use ppxeload). It's
included in the nix tree and will boot 32bit or 64bit kernels. Nix/9k
use /amd64/ binaries.

cd /sys/src; $objtype=amd64 mk installall

should work fine.

As to plan9.ini, you should just be able to set your bootfile to
/amd64/k8cpu. Here's one of mine:

bootfile=ether0!/amd64/9k8cpufs

Noah