* Re: [9front] ipv6 setting
@ 2019-10-13 23:04 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2019-10-13 23:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Thanks all.

In my case, I must wait about 12 seconds until
password requst.   Yes, I can login after that waiting.

If we can use ipv6, I'd like to use it.
I searched 9front FAQ, but failed to find how to set
enable ipv6 on /lib/ndb/local etc.

Kenji

* Re: [9front] ipv6 setting
@ 2019-10-15  4:08 kokamoto
From: kokamoto @ 2019-10-15  4:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> ipv6 is a wide topic...
>
> the nora6= environment variable just disables ipv6 autoconfiguration
> on bootup. see /rc/bin/^(termrc cpurc) and /sys/src/9/boot/net.rc.

In my case, just nora6= setting did the thing right.
Now I can enter without 12(this is 9pi3 case) or 6(another
i5-24XX terminal) seconds wait before secstore password request.

Thank you very much of your kind advice on ipv6 on 9front.
Of course, I can wait...

Kenji

* Re: [9front] ipv6 setting
@ 2019-10-14 16:42 cinap_lenrek
From: cinap_lenrek @ 2019-10-14 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

ipv6 is a wide topic...

the nora6= environment variable just disables ipv6 autoconfiguration
on bootup. see /rc/bin/^(termrc cpurc) and /sys/src/9/boot/net.rc.

we handle ipv6 autoconfiguration like dhcp in ndb... that is, if
your machine has a ndb entry, but no ip addresses specified, we'll
try dhcp and slaac (unless disabled with nora6=) to get an address.

for static ipv6 address its the same as ipv4... you just specify
an ipv6 address using the ip= attribute.

for autoconfiguration to work, you need to have actual ipv6 router
on your network that sends router advertisements for the network
prefix. plan9 can do this with ip/ipconfig ra6 sendra 1 ...

note, that we do not have a dhcpv6 *CLIENT* in 9front yet. tho
we have a server (ip/dhcp6d) that can provide information like
dns and bootp server for foreign clients (uefi/windows).

i'm not quite convinced that the 12 second wait time is due to
ipv6 tho... it might be that we try to connect to the secstore
server and icmp being filtered in the network?

--
cinap

* Re: [9front] ipv6 setting
@ 2019-10-13 18:32 umbraticus
From: umbraticus @ 2019-10-13 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> by setting nora6= in plan9.ini.

Ah ha, even simpler. Thanks.

umbraticus

* Re: [9front] ipv6 setting
@ 2019-10-13 10:42 vp
From: vp @ 2019-10-13 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

If you don't need it router discovery can be skipped at boot
by setting nora6= in plan9.ini.

/sys/src/9/boot/net.rc:20:
	test -e /env/nora6 || ip/ipconfig $* ra6 recvra 1 &

-- kvik

* Re: [9front] ipv6 setting
@ 2019-10-13  7:03 umbraticus
From: umbraticus @ 2019-10-13  7:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> When I boot a terminal, it complains about ipv6 settings:
> ipconfig: recvra6: no router advs after 3 sols on /net/etherU0

does it boot okay?
If you don't use ipv6 and you just want to silence/skip that you can put in plan9.ini something like:

nobootprompt=tls ether /net/ether0 add

umbraticus