* [9front] rc-httpd "write error" when using cgi
@ 2023-02-24 10:14 Ralf Wissing
From: Ralf Wissing @ 2023-02-24 10:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Hi everyone,

i am currently experimenting with rc-httpd, and while it works flawless serving static sites i cannot get even a simple cgi script working.

Here something i tried:

I have a simple rc script which echos a "hello world" html page (which i cannot include in this mail without getting rejected for using html mail).

Then there is the following configuration:

File /rc/bin/rc-httpd/select-handler
%<------------------------
#!/bin/rc

PATH_INFO=$location
FS_ROOT=/usr/web

exec static-or-cgi /usr/web/cgitest.rc

Running it with aux/listen1 i get only the following after visiting the page with a browser:

echo: write error: Hangup

I am sure that i miss something obvious... and i would now after a few hours tinkering appreciate any kick in the right direction.