* [9front] ndb file for a standalone terminal
@ 2023-01-12 23:10 Stuart Morrow
From: Stuart Morrow @ 2023-01-12 23:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

sys=[sysname] ether=[mac address]

That's all you need, AFAICS... I don't think it's documented anywhere
(maybe it's considered obvious?), just thought I'd show it because I
bet there's people out there running around with overconstrained
configs.

More (unobvious):

Even if you only ever use ether1, you still need the tuple for ether0.
Ether0 is the one that's already mounted before termrc goes looking
for /cfg/sysname/termrc (needed for ether1), so just use it to get a
sysname. Then again, if you really just have one Plan 9 box, you can
just bind ether1 in termrc.local instead.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2023-01-12 23:12 UTC | newest]