* Re: [9front] Multi-booting 9front on the raspberry pi (kexec)
@ 2021-07-03 22:01 Stuart Morrow
From: Stuart Morrow @ 2021-07-03 22:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

On 03/07/2021, Roman Shaposhnik <roman@shaposhnik.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 3, 2021 at 1:31 PM hiro <23hiro@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> i think you can even use 9front to /dev/reboot into linux :)
>
> Is this really possible? That would be awesome!

I've thought of this before in the opposite direction: the multiboot
kernel should be bootable by Linux's kexec(2), which I think is used
by all Linux-as-a-bootloader projects, e.g. kexecboot. Then said Linux
set up e.g. undervolting on a Plan 9 box, or set up graphics when the
UEFI is supposed to but doesn't.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-07-03 22:12 UTC | newest]