* [9front] Question about parsing a json file
@ 2022-04-27 18:43 Jacobo Da Riva Muñoz
From: Jacobo Da Riva Muñoz @ 2022-04-27 18:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Hi!!

I started a 'little' rc program to read and post beeps to Mastodon. My
idea is to create a simple but functional program. I'm not a developer,
I'm a devops, but I think this is a good idea to start developing on
9front. The main problem is How can a json file be parsed in rc? Does
anyone have an idea how to fix this? Any experience will be welcome.

Regards

* Re: [9front] Question about parsing a json file
@ 2022-04-27 19:03 ` Stanley Lieber
From: Stanley Lieber @ 2022-04-27 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

BurnZeZ wrote

http://plan9.stanleylieber.com/src/jsonfs.c

which uses

http://man.9front.org/2/json

sl

@ 2022-04-27 19:33 ` Steve Simon
From: Steve Simon @ 2022-04-27 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

i think parsing arbitary json reliably in rc would be very hard. it is fairly straightforward in c. i wrote a simple parser (in my contrib) with a beautifier as a sample app; thought that is not what you asked for…

-Steve

@ 2022-04-27 20:38   ` Jacobo Da Riva Muñoz
From: Jacobo Da Riva Muñoz @ 2022-04-27 20:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Sorry but, how can I find your contrib?

Yes, maybe i'll need a parser in C

@ 2022-04-27 20:45     ` umbraticus
From: umbraticus @ 2022-04-27 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

You could do some stuff in rc with the assistance
of something like https://github.com/telephil9/gj
(thanks, phil9)

I do a version of hget | gj | sed in my quasi-rss
script to keep tabs on mastodon people
but if you want more complicated stuff like
posting, C is probably nicer.

umbraticus

* Re: [9front] Question about parsing a json file
@ 2022-04-27 20:58       ` sirjofri
From: sirjofri @ 2022-04-27 20:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Iirc someone on the fedi was working on a plan 9 fedi client. I just
don't remember exactly who it was...

I'd also love some fedi server!

sirjofri

* Re: [9front] Question about parsing a json file
@ 2022-04-28  8:37         ` Steve Simon
From: Steve Simon @ 2022-04-28  8:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

honestly i think the native 9front solution using jsonfs is the way to go, kudos to the author for an elegant, plan9-centric solution.

my json library was written separately to the 9front one - i would have used it if i had known about it.

mine is here if it is of interest: http://www.quintile.net/pkg/libjson.tbz
and the beautifier at http://www.quintile.net/pkg/json.cmds.tbz

there is also a json2 which works like the linux xml2 command, converting json to awk friendly token,value flat file.

in a similar vein there is a libxml and xml.cmds on the same server.

-Steve

* Re: [9front] Question about parsing a json file
@ 2022-05-01  2:43         ` jpeg
From: jpeg @ 2022-05-01  2:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> fedi client
was this masto9 or some other client?

> fedi server
you should check this out https://blog.freespeechextremist.com/blog/revolver-kickoff.html
its not exactly a fedi server, but it will work with activitypub like any other server
software

* Re: [9front] Question about parsing a json file
@ 2022-05-02  7:19           ` Jacobo Da Riva Muñoz
       [not found]             ` <CAD3fX0OdUfjC2DueZu5oDno8tqffU3sZGxSffOsRLXQ+Sd1xyA@mail.gmail.com>
From: Jacobo Da Riva Muñoz @ 2022-05-02  7:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

It's possible to look at the code of masto9?

@ 2022-05-02  7:25               ` phil9
From: phil9 @ 2022-05-02  7:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nedmail,

here: http://plan9.stanleylieber.com/src/masto9.tgz

@ 2022-05-02  8:30                 ` Julien Blanchard
From: Julien Blanchard @ 2022-05-02  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Or here https://git.sr.ht/~julienxx/masto9

It's just a really really early attempt though, don't expect it to
really work.

@ 2022-05-03 13:27                   ` Philip Silva
From: Philip Silva @ 2022-05-03 13:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Actually it's also hosted here: http://9front.org/extra/src/masto9.tgz

@ 2022-05-03 13:55                     ` Stanley Lieber
From: Stanley Lieber @ 2022-05-03 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

note: i usually just archive everything i see that looks useful because things tend to disappear over time, but i don’t always do a great job of keeping things updated. always update from the repo if included.

sl

@ 2022-05-03 15:12                       ` Philip Silva
From: Philip Silva @ 2022-05-03 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Kind of off-topic, but I deleted my Mastodon account recently anyway. IMHO it's becoming another Twitter with the same esoteric nonsense

@ 2022-05-05  9:34                       ` Jacobo Da Riva
From: Jacobo Da Riva @ 2022-05-05  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Thank you, everybody.

I'm reading the code of Masto9 and thinking about How can I create the mastodon client as an Acme application. I hope to share with you the code soon.

Regards