* [9front] does anyone use linuxemu?
@ 2021-01-19  6:54 thinktankworkspaces
From: thinktankworkspaces @ 2021-01-19  6:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Just curious if anyone used it. It appears the last update was 2011-08-05

I tried running: linux ./mroot /bin/bash -i
here is part of the crash report. I know its missing a lib as listed below

10	sys_open(/lib/ld-linux.so.2, 0, 0)
10	fsopen(/lib/ld-linux.so.2, 0, 0)
10	ropen(/lib/ld-linux.so.2, 0, 0, ...)
10	mkerror('/lib/ld-linux.so.2' does not exist): -2 [ENOENT]
10	fsopen(/lib/ld-2.3.2.so, 0, 0)
10	ropen(/lib/ld-2.3.2.so, 0, 0, ...)

I tried it with the following mroot from both:

http://felloff.net/usr/cinap_lenrek/mroot-linuxemu.tbs
http://plan9.stanleylieber.com/linuxemu/mroot.tgz

I just wanted to experiment with it. I wonder if it was much lighter weight than
vmx

* Re: [9front] does anyone use linuxemu?
@ 2021-01-19  8:25 ` hiro
From: hiro @ 2021-01-19  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

sure, might be lightweight, sadly linux is too much of a moving target.

cost of virtualization is so low now, that nobody thought it still
worth maintaining an emulation for any modern linux distribution.