* [9front] hg -> git
@ 2021-06-28 22:02 ori
From: ori @ 2021-06-28 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

There are a bunch of repos that are still
living on https://code.9front.org/hg. If you're
one of the people responsible for their care and
feeding, and want to move them to git, you can do
it yourself with hg-fast-export:

	https://github.com/frej/fast-export

or I can do the conversion and put the repo
up.

If you want a separate committer group from
the main plan9front repo, I can accomodate,
just let me know so that I can create the
groups on the fs.

If you want to keep it around, that's fine too.
Hg isn't going away any time soon, we need it
so that the double-sysupgrade path works.

* Re: [9front] hg -> git
@ 2021-06-29 17:48 ` Stanley Lieber
From: Stanley Lieber @ 2021-06-29 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

On June 28, 2021 6:02:19 PM EDT, ori@eigenstate.org wrote:
>There are a bunch of repos that are still
>living on https://code.9front.org/hg. If you're
>one of the people responsible for their care and
>feeding, and want to move them to git, you can do
>it yourself with hg-fast-export:
>
>	https://github.com/frej/fast-export
>
>or I can do the conversion and put the repo
>up.
>
>If you want a separate committer group from
>the main plan9front repo, I can accomodate,
>just let me know so that I can create the
>groups on the fs.
>
>If you want to keep it around, that's fine too.
>Hg isn't going away any time soon, we need it
>so that the double-sysupgrade path works.

are you talking about moving projects from code.9front.org to git.9front.org?

sl

* Re: [9front] hg -> git
@ 2021-06-29 20:08   ` ori
From: ori @ 2021-06-29 20:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Quoth Stanley Lieber <sl@stanleylieber.com>:
> On June 28, 2021 6:02:19 PM EDT, ori@eigenstate.org wrote:
> >There are a bunch of repos that are still
> >living on https://code.9front.org/hg. If you're
> >one of the people responsible for their care and
> >feeding, and want to move them to git, you can do
> >it yourself with hg-fast-export:
> >
> >	https://github.com/frej/fast-export
> >
> >or I can do the conversion and put the repo
> >up.
> >
> >If you want a separate committer group from
> >the main plan9front repo, I can accomodate,
> >just let me know so that I can create the
> >groups on the fs.
> >
> >If you want to keep it around, that's fine too.
> >Hg isn't going away any time soon, we need it
> >so that the double-sysupgrade path works.
> >

> are you talking about moving projects from code.9front.org to git.9front.org?
>
> sl

Yes.

* Re: [9front] hg -> git
@ 2021-06-29 21:50     ` hiro
From: hiro @ 2021-06-29 21:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

what is committer group ?

On 6/29/21, ori@eigenstate.org <ori@eigenstate.org> wrote:
> Quoth Stanley Lieber <sl@stanleylieber.com>:
>> On June 28, 2021 6:02:19 PM EDT, ori@eigenstate.org wrote:
>> >There are a bunch of repos that are still
>> >living on https://code.9front.org/hg. If you're
>> >one of the people responsible for their care and
>> >feeding, and want to move them to git, you can do
>> >it yourself with hg-fast-export:
>> >
>> >	https://github.com/frej/fast-export
>> >
>> >or I can do the conversion and put the repo
>> >up.
>> >
>> >If you want a separate committer group from
>> >the main plan9front repo, I can accomodate,
>> >just let me know so that I can create the
>> >groups on the fs.
>> >
>> >If you want to keep it around, that's fine too.
>> >Hg isn't going away any time soon, we need it
>> >so that the double-sysupgrade path works.
>> >

>> are you talking about moving projects from code.9front.org to
>> git.9front.org?
>>
>> sl
>>

> Yes.

* Re: [9front] hg -> git
@ 2021-06-30  1:10       ` ori
From: ori @ 2021-06-30  1:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Quoth hiro <23hiro@gmail.com>:
> what is committer group ?

we use standard p9 user groups
and permissions to control repo
access.

	cpu% cd /usr/git
	cpu% ls -ld plan9front
	d-rwxrwxr-x M 2431855 orib plan9front 0 Jun  5 08:35 plan9front

If you're a member of the plan9front
group, you can edit the plan9front
repository.

If we want to set up different groups,
we can do this.

* Re: [9front] hg -> git
@ 2021-06-30  4:11       ` ori
From: ori @ 2021-06-30  4:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Quoth hiro <23hiro@gmail.com>:
> what is committer group ?

we use standard p9 user groups
and permissions to control repo
access.

	cpu% cd /usr/git
	cpu% ls -ld plan9front
	d-rwxrwxr-x M 2431855 orib plan9front 0 Jun  5 08:35 plan9front

If you're a member of the plan9front
group, you can edit the plan9front
repository.

If we want to set up different groups,