From: hiro <23hiro@gmail.com>
To: 9front@9front.org
Subject: Re: [9front] Re: [9front] Re: [9front] fqa 7.3.3.1 - Stop cwfs from allowing user none to attach without authentication
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2021 18:04:35 +0100	[thread overview]

yep, it's very unusual.

out of their view perhaps less so: why did you give the address a
public ip address if you didn't want the world to access it?

but i agree of course we need a proper guideline now how to secure a
system at least a minimal extent...

otoh, instead of a guideline, perhaps it's better to change the
defaults. if all the /rc/bin/service* stuff starts by default, it has
to be guaranteed that it's safe by default, IMO.