* [9front] quality of life patch for auth/(enable disable status)
@ 2020-03-08 22:51 Sean Hinchee
From: Sean Hinchee @ 2020-03-08 22:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

A small patch to add usage messages to auth/(enable disable status).

I feel that while this is a minor change and usage is documented in the
manual, rc scripts should check argument count regardless rather than
spewing null list in concatenation errors ☺.

Cheers,
Sean

* Re: [9front] quality of life patch for auth/(enable disable status)
@ 2020-03-08 22:56 ` Sean Hinchee
From: Sean Hinchee @ 2020-03-08 22:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

I forgot to attach the patch ☺

http://okturing.com/src/7947/body

@ 2020-03-08 23:30   ` ori
From: ori @ 2020-03-08 23:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: henesy.dev, 9front

> I forgot to attach the patch ☺
>
> http://okturing.com/src/7947/body

Quick note; please post patches inline -- okturing isnt' as reliable,
and it's easier to review inline code.

Other than that, looks good to me. committing.

* Re: [9front] quality of life patch for auth/(enable disable status)
@ 2020-03-08 23:42     ` Sean Hinchee
From: Sean Hinchee @ 2020-03-08 23:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ori, 9front

On 3/8/20 4:30 PM, ori@eigenstate.org wrote:
>> I forgot to attach the patch ☺
>>
>> http://okturing.com/src/7947/body
>>

> Quick note; please post patches inline -- okturing isnt' as reliable,
> and it's easier to review inline code.
>
> Other than that, looks good to me. committing.

Will do in the future, thanks Ori ☺.

* Re: [9front] quality of life patch for auth/(enable disable status)
@ 2020-03-09  0:27       ` Stanley Lieber
From: Stanley Lieber @ 2020-03-09  0:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

On March 8, 2020 7:42:38 PM EDT, Sean Hinchee <henesy.dev@gmail.com> wrote:
>On 3/8/20 4:30 PM, ori@eigenstate.org wrote:
>>> I forgot to attach the patch ☺
>>>
>>> http://okturing.com/src/7947/body
>>>

>> Quick note; please post patches inline -- okturing isnt' as reliable,
>> and it's easier to review inline code.
>>
>> Other than that, looks good to me. committing.
>>

>Will do in the future, thanks Ori ☺.

fwiw, both services are provided by the same machine.

sl

* Re: [9front] quality of life patch for auth/(enable disable status)
@ 2020-03-09  1:36         ` ori
From: ori @ 2020-03-09  1:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sl, 9front

> fwiw, both services are provided by the same machine.

Sure, but I archive/back up my email archives independently.
I also seem to remember old pastes getting cleared out at
some point.

* Re: [9front] quality of life patch for auth/(enable disable status)
@ 2020-03-09 10:02           ` hiro
From: hiro @ 2020-03-09 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

one more argument, though i don't think necessary for this discussion:

there is worth in having things self-contained and not crossing the
boundaries into multiple different kinds of media.

@ 2020-03-09 13:26             ` Stanley Lieber
From: Stanley Lieber @ 2020-03-09 13:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

On March 9, 2020 6:02:36 AM EDT, hiro <23hiro@gmail.com> wrote:
>one more argument, though i don't think necessary for this discussion:
>
>there is worth in having things self-contained and not crossing the
>boundaries into multiple different kinds of media.
>
>On 3/9/20, ori@eigenstate.org <ori@eigenstate.org> wrote:
>>> fwiw, both services are provided by the same machine.
>>
>> Sure, but I archive/back up my email archives independently.
>> I also seem to remember old pastes getting cleared out at
>> some point.

I agree with this. It's good form to keep the subject and object equally accessible.

sl

* Re: [9front] quality of life patch for auth/(enable disable status)
@ 2020-03-09 14:57               ` hiro
From: hiro @ 2020-03-09 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

nice wording :)