* [9front] /rc/bin/cpurc default listen -q
@ 2021-01-01 17:10 Stanley Lieber
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Stanley Lieber @ 2021-01-01 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

proposal:

these flags should somehow be more easily customizable without stepping on the tracked file.

sl

* Re: [9front] /rc/bin/cpurc default listen -q
@ 2021-01-01 17:43 ` ori
From: ori @ 2021-01-01 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Quoth Stanley Lieber <sl@stanleylieber.com>:
> proposal:
>
> these flags should somehow be more easily customizable without stepping on the tracked file.
>
> sl

Are cpurc and termrc candidates for /sys/lib/dist?

* Re: [9front] /rc/bin/cpurc default listen -q
@ 2021-01-01 17:43 ` hiro
From: hiro @ 2021-01-01 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

how far is the BurnzezD init system replacement? :)

@ 2021-01-02  0:18 ` Alex Musolino
From: Alex Musolino @ 2021-01-02  0:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> proposal:
>
> these flags should somehow be more easily customizable without
> stepping on the tracked file.

I've achieved this with the following in /cfg/$sysname/cpustart:

	auth/as upas aux/listen -p 20 -t /cfg/$sysname/service.mail
	auth/as www aux/listen -p 100 -t /cfg/$sysname/service.www
	auth/as alex aux/listen -p 5 -t /cfg/$sysname/service.alex

Perhaps this could work for you too?

--
Cheers,
Alex Musolino

* Re: [9front] /rc/bin/cpurc default listen -q
@ 2021-01-02  0:28   ` Stanley Lieber
From: Stanley Lieber @ 2021-01-02  0:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

On January 1, 2021 7:18:49 PM EST, Alex Musolino <alex@musolino.id.au> wrote:
>> proposal:
>>
>> these flags should somehow be more easily customizable without
>> stepping on the tracked file.
>
>I've achieved this with the following in /cfg/$sysname/cpustart:
>
>	auth/as upas aux/listen -p 20 -t /cfg/$sysname/service.mail
>	auth/as www aux/listen -p 100 -t /cfg/$sysname/service.www
>	auth/as alex aux/listen -p 5 -t /cfg/$sysname/service.alex
>
>Perhaps this could work for you too?
>
>--
>Cheers,
>Alex Musolino

my point is the defaults for the listener that scans service/ are immutable unless you want to modify a file that's tracked in the mercurial repository.

i think you're right that simply moving more of the default tcp/il/whatever scripts under a separate listener is the cleanest solution. i do run lots of individual instances of listen1, but i didn't considered setting up separate instances of listen (not listen1) to scan separate directories.

my use case here is simply removing the -q flag from listen.

sl