* [9front] secstore on Raspberry Pi
@ 2022-07-27 14:51 sahu
From: sahu @ 2022-07-27 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Hello everyone,

I want to set up secstore on the pi, but I get the following output when checking it:

term% auth/secstore -u glenda -v
dialing $auth
secstore: can't dial $auth: connection refused

$auth is cirno in this case (set in /n/pidos/cmdline.txt).

I want to use my pi as single cpu, file and auth server. Do I have to set up a network listener for authentication? (And if so, how can I do that?) Or is there something else I'm doing wrong?

Thank you very much in advance for help and advice!

Best regards,
sahu

* Re: [9front] secstore on Raspberry Pi
@ 2022-07-27 14:59 ` Jacob Moody
From: Jacob Moody @ 2022-07-27 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

On 7/27/22 08:51, sahu@mailbox.org wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I want to set up secstore on the pi, but I get the following output when checking it:
>
> term% auth/secstore -u glenda -v
> dialing $auth
> secstore: can't dial $auth: connection refused
>
> $auth is cirno in this case (set in /n/pidos/cmdline.txt).
>
> I want to use my pi as single cpu, file and auth server. Do I have to set up a network listener for authentication? (And if so, how can I do that?) Or is there something else I'm doing wrong?
>
> Thank you very much in advance for help and advice!
>
> Best regards,
> sahu

It _sounds_ like your pi is not configured as a cpu server.
You'll want a service=cpu line /n/pidos/cmdline.txt.
However before that you need to setup the nvram, ndb,
and register your new users in the fs.

In general though there is a bit of a song and dance to
getting a full cpu+auth+fs server set up. Luckily this is
fairly well documented in the FQA:

http://fqa.9front.org/fqa7.html#7.4

I would recommend reading most of section 7.

Best of luck,
moody

* Re: [9front] secstore on Raspberry Pi
@ 2022-07-27 16:59 ` cinap_lenrek
From: cinap_lenrek @ 2022-07-27 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

dialing $auth

thats not the same as a environment variable.

a dialstring containing $xxx will do a ndb lookup relative
to your ip addresses, looking for a attribute named xxx
and then substituting its value.

dialing $cpu would find the cpu=bla attribute in your ipnet=
for example and then dial bla.

same for $auth.

--
cinap

* Re: [9front] secstore on Raspberry Pi
@ 2022-07-28 16:04   ` sahu
From: sahu @ 2022-07-28 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Hello moody,

thank you very much for your help!

I've added nvram=#S/sdM0/nvram to /n/pidos/cmdline.txt before and I think it worked, since auth/wrkey worked thereafter.

/lib/ndb/local should also be configured correctly (at least the "ip=..." part), because I no longer have to run ip/ipconfig after reboot and the clock is also working.

If I add "service=cpu" to /n/pidos/cmdline.txt, the prompt changes from "term%" to "cirno%" after booting, but unfortunately I can't run rio there.

I think your hint has already put me on the right track and I will also go through chapter 7 of the fqa.

Thank you again and best regards,
sahu

@ 2022-07-28 16:11   ` sahu
From: sahu @ 2022-07-28 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Hello cinap,

thank you very much for the explanation!

When I run "echo $auth" without any change of /n/pidos/cmdline.txt, I get a new line only, but when I add "auth=cirno" there, cirno will be echoed after reboot.

Is this a hint for a misconfiguration of the "ipnet=..." part of /lib/ndb/local?

Thanks and best regards,
sahu

@ 2022-07-29 13:54     ` hiro
From: hiro @ 2022-07-29 13:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

sahu, your email also seems to always land in my spam.

who is in control of mailbox.org?
i was gonna blame YOU for enabling the dmarc/dkim hipster-security
traps, but i guess some bigger group of people got tricked to use the
same default configuration, which enables all those "optional"
security features (literal sabotage). google must love it bec. their
email in turn comes always though bec. they ignore security.