From: Dave MacFarlane <driusan@gmail.com>
Cc: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: Re: [9front] DHCP not working on usb ethernet dongle
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2017 09:06:22 -0500	[thread overview]

I don't think it's related, since there's no primary ethernet or /net
on the laptop for it to conflict with (there's just a wifi card that
isn't supported, which is why I needed the dongle in the first place.)

I spent some time comparing nusb/ether/asix.c to the axeg(4) driver on
my lunch hour yesterday, and I'm suspecting that it might be a 88178
vs 88178a chipset thing since the rx ctl register is different between
the two drivers and the problem is that asixreceive() is never getting
called, but I haven't had a chance to dig any deeper or verify if it's
an "a" chipset with mislabeled packaging while I have physical access
to the machine/dongle.

--
- Dave