From: Dave MacFarlane <driusan@gmail.com>
To: 9front@9front.org
Subject: Re: [9front] Hardware woes
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 19:45:15 -0400	[thread overview]

I got home today ready to dig in and look into this more
systematically after reading
up about all the different modes for synaptic drivers, how to query
and set them, the weird
encoding they do to fit the extended commands into the standard PS2
protocol, etc, booted
into 9front, and.. it worked just fine.

It turns out the problem is that resetmouse() resets the PS2
properties, but the mode
had already been set by the Linux driver from PS2 mode to the absolute
mode where it
includes raw details about touch pressure, size, etc (which 9front is
misinterpreting as
arbitrary PS2 events).. a reboot isn't, technically, "powering on", so
it isn't resetting the
mode to the PS2 emulating default value that it comes up as with on a
cold boot, but leaving
it wherever the last OS left it. As long as I physically power off the
machine and turn it back
on, it works just fine.

--
- Dave