From: Thaddeus Woskowiak <tswoskowiak@gmail.com>
To: 9front@9front.org
Subject: Re: [9front] 8-bit 9p
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2022 13:41:50 -0400	[thread overview]

On Sun, Oct 9, 2022 at 11:03 AM Glenn Holmer <cenbe@protonmail.com> wrote:

> Has the 9p protocol ever been implemented on an 8-bit machine (like a
> 6502)? Assuming an 8-bit machine with a network adapter (which is common
> nowadays), would such a thing even be possible?
>
> --
> Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)
> "After the vintage season came the aftermath -- and Cenbe."

Echoline's ninepea library for the arduino 8bit atmega 2650 is an example.
https://github.com/echoline/NinePea

Sigrid wrote 9c, a "Low level 9p client and server." It looks very
embeddable. I believe I one asked her this question and she told me
that indeed it can be used on a micro so don't see why you couldn't
run it on a 8bit machine with a uart or ethernet.
https://shithub.us/sigrid/c9/HEAD/info.html