On Wed, Sep 6, 2023 at 6:02 AM wrote: > hey amavect! long time no see :) I'm alive! Feel free to send me a message if you miss me. > i agree, but implementing it with the conclusion struct seemed like > the simplest idea atm. in the end it's the same process, so it will > have to wait (blocking) those five seconds after printing the banner, > no matter the thread. but it can be done better for sure. Totally agree, and it's time to make it better. It's rare for sleep() to be the best option in userspace. There's often a way to organize the code to block on read or rendezvous. I think the best option is to prompt the user to queue again. Then, the program can immediately respond to the delete key, and the user doesn't have to wait to requeue. There's 2 other sleep calls in btsd.c. Those may be removed by using channels instead of your custom list. >cool, i look forward to that. Here it is! Thanks, Amavect