From: 염준혁 <skhds1@gmail.com>
To: 9front@9front.org
Subject: Re: [9front] Need help with configuring the Internet
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2019 12:56:21 +0900	[thread overview]

Sorry for the late response. I was busy with the company work
(and got exhausted after), so I wasn't able to touch the system.

I followed your instructions until reboot. What I usually do
for reboot is just hit ctrl+alt+del, then wait a few seconds until Plan9
Console pops up. Is this not the right way to reboot the system?
I saw this method somewhere on the Internet although I can't recall where.

Other than that, echo $objtype returns amd64 (I did change plan9.ini
to point to amd64),
and also the short terminal output that pops up before Plan9 Console
does say boot=9pc64 somewhere in the middle. So up to this point, I'm
assuming the
kernel file loaded is 64-bit Intel...

Anyways, the Internet still does not work..
Running /bin/inst/main, then typing in 'confignet' returns "Could not
find ethernet card".
I checked the line for ether82563.c at line 1986 (this is where I
modified, according to ori's solution)
and the line is still there (case 0x15bc:), so I believe the changes
applied, although it's hard for me
to check if it applied to the kernel binary I'm currently running it with.

Maybe merely adding a case wasn't enough to get rid of the "Could not
find ethernet card"?
Although I expected at least some other error message when I applied
this change...

Oh, and thanks for your help. After I somehow get the Internet
working, I'll try the bootloader trick.

Thanks,
Joonhyeok Yeom.