* Re: [9front] [drawterm] Pulse audio output and input
@ 2019-12-10  1:16 cinap_lenrek
From: cinap_lenrek @ 2019-12-10  1:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

i'm not an expert on current linux audio interfaces.
can you explain why this is a good idea to link against pa?

i dont like having a separate Make.pulse for it as this
will just end up with combinatorial explosion. maybe we
should have it changable at the make command line or
use it as a default as linux has no support for /dev/dsp
anymore?

is oserror() the right thing for error handling? it appears
to return its own error code but we'r not using it?

also, how is buffering handled? how much will be buffered
by this interface when you write to it? this is important
as games use /dev/audio for synchronization.

--
cinap

* Re: [9front] [drawterm] Pulse audio output and input
@ 2019-12-10  7:11 ` Nick Owens
From: Nick Owens @ 2019-12-10  7:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

while native support is nice, i'd like to note it's possible to use
padsp(1) to run OSS programs under PulseAudio.