From: Rahul <rahul.g.nair@gmail.com>
To: 9front@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: User interface improvement
Date: Sat, 5 May 2012 12:26:34 -0700	[thread overview]

> Are there any works to improve Plan 9 user interface?
> It looks unchanged since 2002.

> (especially for trolls: I use not GNOME3, not KDE4, but i3wm in linux)

(I use xmonad myself, and have been interested in such a wm.)

There was one called omero[1][2] for octopus which is influenced by
plan9 however, it seems to require inferno to run (dis files). I have
been looking for one too, and according to this
http://jfloren.net/b/2012/4/16/stumpwm-blog.txt there may have been
some thing to start with. , and have been working with a simple hack
to maximize the term in rio on creation. It does seem that it would
not be very difficult to make it tiling. (I am new to plan9, so if I
am going against the spirit of plan9, sorry. )

[1] http://man.cat-v.org/octopus/4/omero for
[2] http://lsub.org/ls/octopus.html
http://lsub.org/ls/export/mainscreen.gif http://lsub.org/ls/omero.gif