From: Eli Cohen <echoline@gmail.com>
To: 9front@9front.org
Subject: Re: [9front] bcm-audio
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2021 21:04:46 -0800	[thread overview]

ATTN: DO NOT DELETE

NOTICE: POSSIBLE SECURITY RISK

I'm not sure I agree, hiro. hardware can have many flaws but drivers
can have flaws too. I am pretty sure my (comparable, simpler) audio
driver did have at least one flaw, I did not check buffer size of
write messages or use a ringbuffer or anything, I sent them all off
with DMA. I'm worried 8192 KB might be a problem by that point. the
way I was able to tell was by looking at the username of the kproc, it
was all shitty, also that machine has been all fucked up for months in
all kinds of other ways. it worked fine for listening to online radio
streams of news radio, then it crapped out really badly for some
reason. I have been unable to repair the machine. I've been feeling
really bad about this because it was a bunch of rpi CMs like a tiny
cray (not joking hiro. you are an asshole too!!! see what happens?? my
computer science barbie doll is not impressed. to say the least)

please consider at least that my ENTIRELY DIFFERENT audio driver
FLAGGED FOR SUSPICION OF BAD CODE and deleted

I tried reading through the bcm-audio code but it was more
complicated. I'm pretty sure mine sucks though. I deleted it but hey
this is plan 9. mine is on github

I sat here pissed for months, then unplugged it, threw that shit in a
box for now. the barbie doll and I have felt better for a while over
here. we have tiny cups for tea parties but we ain't trustin' no
actual fuckin' tea no more with world leaders and shit.

don't even think about touching my fuckin' doll collection now. plan 9
is cool. rest of y'all are fuckin' burnt