* [9front] Herein lies a humble petition for the Old Order Amish Front of Plan 9
@ 2022-10-13  0:37 Anthony Martin
From: Anthony Martin @ 2022-10-13  0:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Is moody Pennsylvania Japanese? He can sure churn that butter.

Clarified: butter is code for rio/kb/kbdfs/ktrans. G(h)ee whiz!

My bewildered reaction during my quarterly sync, reading through the
dozens of commits for this one feature:

https://www.tiktok.com/@pilweg/video/7094022731422879018

I'd advise churning in your own repo until you've settled on a good
design. People have to read these commits and merge them with their
environment.

But it's nice that someone is working on alternate input methods, so
kudos to moody for that.

Cheers,
  Anthony

* [9front] Re: [9front] Herein lies a humble petition for the Old Order Amish Front of Plan 9
@ 2022-10-13  1:33 ` Sigrid Solveig Haflínudóttir
From: Sigrid Solveig Haflínudóttir @ 2022-10-13  1:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front, Anthony Martin

This is THE repo. This is where the churn happens.

If you want 9legacy you know where to find it.

* Re: [9front] Re: [9front] Herein lies a humble petition for the Old Order Amish Front of Plan 9
@ 2022-10-13  3:26   ` unobe
From: unobe @ 2022-10-13  3:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Quoth Sigrid Solveig Haflínudóttir <sigrid@ftrv.se>:
> This is THE repo. This is where the churn happens.
>
> If you want 9legacy you know where to find it.

There's one repo, but there are such things as branches.  I think it's
up to those doing development on how they want to develop, and right
now no one feels a need or desire to have a separate branch for
anything.

* Re: [9front] Re: [9front] Herein lies a humble petition for the Old Order Amish Front of Plan 9
@ 2022-10-13  6:49     ` Jacob Moody
From: Jacob Moody @ 2022-10-13  6:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

On 10/12/22 18:37, Anthony Martin wrote:
> I'd advise churning in your own repo until you've settled on a good
> design. People have to read these commits and merge them with their
> environment.

What are your assumptions and expectations about how our source moves?
If you don't like the stuff I'm working on, then filter out my commits
on merge. If you are still dissatisfied, you may mail in a form for a
full refund on what you paid for those patches.

* Re: [9front] Re: [9front] Herein lies a humble petition for the Old Order Amish Front of Plan 9
@ 2022-10-13  7:13       ` hiro
From: hiro @ 2022-10-13  7:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

haha, what is this thread.

i don't have tiktok so i don't know what kind of emotion anthony is
trying to express?!
what is "Pennsylvania Japanese" ?!

@ 2022-10-13  7:48         ` Kurt H Maier
From: Kurt H Maier @ 2022-10-13  7:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

On Thu, Oct 13, 2022 at 09:13:56AM +0200, hiro wrote:
> haha, what is this thread.

It turns out when bringing in a set of patches, some people look at the
commit messages instead of the code.  I don't know why.  These people
apparently think that commit logs should be finely-crafted zen gardens
instead of a record of changes made to the repo.

Meanwhile, I regard commit-log curation as one degree separated from
triming your toenails at the dinner table.  The world will never know
peace.

khm

* Re: [9front] Re: [9front] Herein lies a humble petition for the Old Order Amish Front of Plan 9
@ 2022-10-14  5:01           ` Eli Cohen
From: Eli Cohen @ 2022-10-14  5:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

are you crazy!? nice to meet you