* drawterm bug report
@ 2020-02-18  9:31 Eli Cohen
From: Eli Cohen @ 2020-02-18  9:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

I imagine other people have noticed this. sometimes when I switch
virtual workspaces on xfce4, drawterm's input gets stuck somehow and
when I type, control characters come out. I found I can fix this by
tapping the ctrl key a few times, but I feel it still counts as a bug.
even if it's tolerable to everyone I'd at least like to share my "fix"
here

* Re: [9front] drawterm bug report
@ 2020-02-18 11:25 ` hiro
From: hiro @ 2020-02-18 11:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

i also have a fix, it's commited, but wasn't very pretty, so cinap
fixed it. but the behavior is not exactly the same.
you can find that easily in the log, i didn't make many commits.
i would welcome a third person to think about how behavior differs
between mine, cinap's (and your third) commit, and i'll be welcome to
discuss this on irc some time soon.
i cannot see your "fix".

* Re: [9front] drawterm bug report
@ 2020-02-18 11:46 ` kvik
From: kvik @ 2020-02-18 11:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> I imagine other people have noticed this.  sometimes when I
> switch virtual workspaces on xfce4, drawterm's input gets
> stuck somehow and when I type, control characters come out.

Drawterm registers the keydown event, this trickles down to
kbdfs, rio, and whatever, modifying their input states;
then, drawterm's input focus is taken away by external
forces, you release the key but drawterm doesn't ever get
that keyup event, therefore everything continues to believe
you are holding down that Ctrl key for life.

I remember trying to work this out at some point, with the
idea of tracking the keys being pressed and explicitly
releasing them on focuslost event, or something like that.

You can't do it wholesale or naively either, because for
example Alt triggers the kbdfs compose mode that must be
exited by pressing Alt again.

* Re: [9front] drawterm bug report
@ 2020-02-18 20:20   ` Eli Cohen
From: Eli Cohen @ 2020-02-18 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

hiro -
I meant my "fix" is to simply bang on the ctrl key. everyone may not
realize to do that

--
http://echoline.org