From: Eli Cohen <echoline@gmail.com>
To: 9front@9front.org
Subject: Re: [9front] rpi3 wifi
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2020 14:31:10 -0700	[thread overview]

I managed to boot over tls "manually," here is how I did it:

127 holes free
0x0047e000 0x191e6000 416710656
416710656 bytes free

Plan 9 from Bell Labs
board rev: 0xa02082 firmware rev: 1590181998
cpu0: 1200MHz ARM Cortex-A53 r0p4
fp: 32 registers,  simd
fp: arm arch VFPv3+ with null subarch; rev 4
#l0: 4330: 10Mbps port 0x0 irq -1 ea 000000000000
998M memory: 402M kernel data, 596M user, 3576M swap
cpu1: 1200MHz ARM Cortex-A53 r0p4
cpu2: 1200MHz ARM Cortex-A53 r0p4
cpu3: 1200MHz ARM Cortex-A53 r0p4
ether4330: chip 43430 rev 1 type 1
ether4330: firmware ready
ether4330: addr ...

/dev/sdM0: BCM SDHost Controller
/dev/sdM0/data
/dev/sdM0/dos     dos
/dev/sdM0/fscache     cwfs64x
/dev/sdM0/fsworm
/dev/sdM0/nvram
/dev/sdM0/other
/dev/sdM0/plan9
bootargs is (tcp, tls, il, local!device)[local!/dev/sdM0/fscache] !rc
% factotum -u
user[glenda]:
% aux/wpa -2 -p -s ... /net/ether0
!Adding key: essid=... proto=wpapsk
password:
!
% ip/ipconfig
% bootargs is (tcp, tls, il, local!device)[local!/dev/sdM0/fscache] tls
user[glenda]:
fs address is? ...
auth address is? [...]

!Adding key: dom=... proto=dp9ik
user[glenda]:
password:
!

init: starting /bin/rc

I think the problem booting over tls automatically may be with the
wificrypt=wpa2 option. I looked in /sys/src/9/boot/net.rc and I don't
think it pays attention to this option, but aux/wpa needs the -2
option to work with this driver. all I have done so far was copy over
enough of Richard Miller's work with very slight changes just to get
it working at all... 9front has a wifi stack this driver doesn't use
at all, etc.

as far as the bcm64 kernel goes, I don't know if anyone has gotten
this working with it. khm and I both tried, but I eventually
encountered a problem with wlreadpkt returning a bad value I couldn't
get past. There must be some difference I can't find for getting it
working with a 64 bit kernel.

- Eli