From: Greyson Jennings <tallesttower1@gmail.com>
To: 9front@9front.org
Subject: [9front] 9front WASM runtime
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2023 18:09:05 -0700	[thread overview]

I'd been tinkering around with WASM runtimes and I've managed to get a
functioning build for plan 9, called Ricket! It's basically a frontend for
wazero tailored to use in plan 9, and It's super in alpha, but it does run
basic command line applications. I thought you guys might find it
interesting, and if anyone finds it useful at all, I can continue tinkering
with it.

I built it because while nearly every popular language can compile to WASM,
only Go, C, and sometimes Zig are the only languages I can think of that
have explicit Plan 9 support, and so I wanted to be able to have more
options for building CLI apps, and be able to easily port existing ones.

Check it out on github here! The binary in the repository is compiled to p9
and it runs on my 9front install. Later, I'll set up github actions to
built it automatically, and I may mirror it on sourcehut or shithub too.
https://github.com/SlashScreen/ricket