* [9front] bounce test
@ 2022-07-26  4:41 B. Atticus Grobe
From: B. Atticus Grobe @ 2022-07-26  4:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

bounce test

* Re: [9front] bounce test
@ 2022-07-26  5:19 ` Amavect
From: Amavect @ 2022-07-26  5:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Sorry for the noise.

This describes what I'm getting:
https://groups.google.com/g/linux.debian.user/c/2nEZ3tTTJ4k

--Begin bounce message (in HTML)--
© 2017 betterbounces.net, All rights reserved. Privacy
Your email was bounced...
... because something went wrong between you and your recipient. Bummer!
What to do next?
Well, your specific problem was a 5.1.2 error.
The domain you attempted to contact, oboj.net, may have expired.  You
can check WHOIS for oboj.net here to determine if this is the case.
If so, contact your recipient another way (e.g., phone or text
message) to confirm their email address.
Get more help on 5.1.2 errors here!
Thanks, have a lovely day.
Yours truly, betterbounces.net
Rate this email: Helpful :) or... Not Helpful :(
--End bounce message--

 From what I can gather, some address on the mailing list with domain
oboj.net is dead,
and bounce.io/betterbounces.net is some spam company that hijacks
bounce messages and injects ads.
They then reply to the sender and not the mailing list.
I wonder if this has hit others' spam folders. This got past gmail's.

Thanks,
Amavect

* Re: [9front] bounce test
@ 2022-07-26  5:31   ` william
From: william @ 2022-07-26  5:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

intersting. I'm using upas but I can check gmail

@ 2022-07-26  5:34     ` William Gunnells
From: William Gunnells @ 2022-07-26  5:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: subject:@gmail.com, 9front@gmail.com, command@gmail.com,
	line@gmail.com, install@gmail.com,

bounce test

@ 2022-07-26  5:40       ` william
From: william @ 2022-07-26  5:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Amavect. Yes I got the dreaded bouce and What to do next. F*king hate gmail. I"m glad to have retired it mostly.
I still have another account for work related stuff. But upas is working well enough for the most part

@ 2022-07-26 14:17   ` Stanley Lieber
From: Stanley Lieber @ 2022-07-26 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

On July 26, 2022 1:19:55 AM EDT, Amavect <amavect@gmail.com> wrote:
>Sorry for the noise.
>
>This describes what I'm getting:
>https://groups.google.com/g/linux.debian.user/c/2nEZ3tTTJ4k
>
>--Begin bounce message (in HTML)--
>© 2017 betterbounces.net, All rights reserved. Privacy
>Your email was bounced...
>... because something went wrong between you and your recipient. Bummer!
>What to do next?
>Well, your specific problem was a 5.1.2 error.
>The domain you attempted to contact, oboj.net, may have expired.  You
>can check WHOIS for oboj.net here to determine if this is the case.
>If so, contact your recipient another way (e.g., phone or text
>message) to confirm their email address.
>Get more help on 5.1.2 errors here!
>Thanks, have a lovely day.
>Yours truly, betterbounces.net
>Rate this email: Helpful :) or... Not Helpful :(
>--End bounce message--
>
> From what I can gather, some address on the mailing list with domain
>oboj.net is dead,
>and bounce.io/betterbounces.net is some spam company that hijacks
>bounce messages and injects ads.
>They then reply to the sender and not the mailing list.
>I wonder if this has hit others' spam folders. This got past gmail's.
>
>Thanks,
>Amavect

thanks, I've manually unsubscribed the address.

I hadn't received any of the suspect bounces.

sl

* Re: [9front] bounce test
@ 2022-07-26 17:43     ` smj
From: smj @ 2022-07-26 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)