* [9front] 9front on spim
@ 2022-07-04 23:15 adventures in9
From: adventures in9 @ 2022-07-04 23:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

I'll make this a separate thread for anyone who wants to talk about spim
specifically.

I saw spim mentioned in the Port Status thread.  I haven't had any trouble
building for spim, and some of the missing parts might just be because it
is building off code stored in "mips" but does it with with the "spim"
compiler, which is really just a script with the mips compiler set with a
little-endian flag.

As for hardware, I've been using the Onion Omega 2.  I've also found
several Chinese router boards that also use the MT7688.  I have got it to
start booting on the Onion, but haven't finished it up yet.  I haven't
touched it in a couple months, but what I have done so far is here:

https://github.com/adventuresin9/9front-mt7688

I'm pretty sure the Loongson and Ingenic mips chips are also little endian,
so there are a few systems out there that would use spim.

My goal was to use the Onion Omega 2 kits to set up i2c sensors and control
lights and such around my house.  I also got a MT7688 based router, to make
a 9front based wifi router with.  And a MT7621 based router, which is
similar but dual core.

So, if anyone wants to help, I do have some little endian mips hardware to
test on.