On Fri May 10 23:32:59 -0700 2024, Romano wrote: > sl wrote: > > we use upas mlmgr(1). > > > what happens is, it processes outgoing messages in batches, and chokes > > when one fails for whatever reason. when this happens, all the rest > > of the messages in the batch are also postponed. > > Ah yes, I seem to remember a couple years ago you (and perhaps ori, IIRC) > were trying to nail down the cause. The issue only became markedly worse > for me in the last month or so, I want to say. > > Thanks for noticing my comment, sl, and thanks for all the management of > 9front infrastructure you do (not least of which is the FQA). I'd be > completely (and not just mostly!) lost without it. Just wanted to close the loop here, so to speak. The issue appears to be on my side: my mail provider is only passing me mailing list e-mails every couple of hours! The reason I suspect this is because I'm experiencing the same thing with the 9fans mailing list. I looked at the raw headers, and it looks like the mail provider's spam filtering might be to blame. I'm going to try some knob turning.