* [9front] 9p.zone: Public 9P Registry Services
@ 2021-01-25 11:50 sirjofri+ml-9front
From: sirjofri+ml-9front @ 2021-01-25 11:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Hello all,

we haven't announced it here, I believe, so here it is:

9p.zone is a public registry service for 9p services, OS agnostic.
This means, it works for Plan 9, 9front, inferno, basically all 9p
capable systems can use the registry.  The project is public, so it's
meant for public services and everyone can announce their services in
this registry.

While the center of 9p.zone is the registry itself (CORE services), we
also plan to do other services as well (called EXTRA services).  This
services should help others to build great 9p stuff for the community,
without the need to do everything.  For example, we plan to build
public auth services for free that can be used as a SSO service for
other 9p services built by YOU.

Furthermore, the old gridchat (from 9gridchan.org, which is basically
shut down) is also inside this domain (chat.9p.zone).  The whole
9p.zone will become a new grid system that's free and public.

More information about the registry is available via http://9p.zone .
Feel free to contribute your public services.

sirjofri

* Re: [9front] 9p.zone: Public 9P Registry Services
@ 2021-01-26 15:01 ` Stanley Lieber
From: Stanley Lieber @ 2021-01-26 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

On January 25, 2021 6:50:07 AM EST, sirjofri+ml-9front@sirjofri.de wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>we haven't announced it here, I believe, so here it is:
>
>9p.zone is a public registry service for 9p services, OS agnostic.
>This means, it works for Plan 9, 9front, inferno, basically all 9p
>capable systems can use the registry.  The project is public, so it's
>meant for public services and everyone can announce their services in
>this registry.
>
>While the center of 9p.zone is the registry itself (CORE services), we
>also plan to do other services as well (called EXTRA services).  This
>services should help others to build great 9p stuff for the community,
>without the need to do everything.  For example, we plan to build
>public auth services for free that can be used as a SSO service for
>other 9p services built by YOU.
>
>Furthermore, the old gridchat (from 9gridchan.org, which is basically
>shut down) is also inside this domain (chat.9p.zone).  The whole
>9p.zone will become a new grid system that's free and public.
>
>More information about the registry is available via http://9p.zone .
>Feel free to contribute your public services.
>

>sirjofri

this is cool!

suggestion: the main page should explain clearly how to extract information from the registry.

sl