From: qwx@sciops.net
To: 9front@9front.org
Subject: Re: [9front] igfx on haswell
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2021 10:42:17 +0100	[thread overview]

On Fri Nov 12 19:40:39 +0100 2021, krwmilz@gmail.com wrote:
> hi,
>
> diff below seems to let me use igfx on a thinkpad x1 carbon
> 3rd gen with a broadwell chipset.
>
> % cat /dev/vgactl
> type igfx
> size 2560x1440x32 x8r8g8b8
> tilt none
> hwgc soft
> hwaccel off
> hwblank off
> addr p 0xc0000000 v 0xffffff00c0000000 size 0x4000000
> softscreen on
>
> i tried using the hdmi port on the side but the tv did not
> get a signal. i have been testing it lightly and there does
> not seem to be much difference from vesa.

Great, thanks!  For hdmi/dvi to work, igfx must manage to get
an edid from the monitor, this doesn't happen with some of
them, but you might coerce it to work with yet another vgadb
entry for it, specifying a port with display=.  It will be on
one of the 4 remaining DP ports, 4-7 (3 is eDP).  There's no
way to force hdmi on a specific port though iirc.

If possible, please add the pci did to
/sys/src/9/pc/vgaigfx.c:152.  The hardware cursor should be
enabled when you invoke aux/vga.  If it's visible while
/dev/vgactl shows `hwgc igfxhwgc', it works.

One last thing, could you please also say if:

	; ls '#g'

prints anything after configuring igfx?  It shouldnt.

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,
qwx