a few of us have these things. cinap has it booting to userspace over serial connection, but nobody has graphics working yet. i don’t think anything has been committed yet. http://mnt.stanleylieber.com/reform/ sl > On May 7, 2022, at 1:30 AM, william@thinktankworkspaces.com wrote: > > Quoth Kurt H Maier : >>> On Sat, May 07, 2022 at 04:36:29AM +0000, mkf9 wrote: >>> Is it a problem with arm itself, >>> or we don't have code to have >>> a unified arm kernel (bcm+omap+etc) yet? >> >> It's a problem with ARM itself. Everyone pays ARM for processor designs >> and then bolts random shit to it. Since the random shit is not subject >> to any standardization effort, every device is a special snowflake. >> >> khm >> > > Good to know. I'm glad I didn't waste too much time and getting further lost. > > Basically I need to pour through the different arm repo's and puzzle what I can for > NXP/Freescale i.MX8MQ with 4x ARM Cortex-A53 cores (1.5 GHz), 1x Cortex-M4F core. > > not familiar with paqfs. So that was interesting but I could comment all that out. > > This is an MNT reform laptop. After putting it together it seems pretty stable and I'm interest > in porting plan9 to this thing. I expect I might need to dig into the ARM® Cortex®-A53 MPCore Processor > Revision: r0p3 and try to figure this thing out. > > But before I do this has anyone made any headway in this area? I'm enjoying the laptop. The keyboard > is a bit funky the mapping is different but all in all its enjoyable laptop and a bit sturdy. > > Recommendations greatly welcomed. > > Regards, > -Will > > > > > > >