From: Kurt H Maier <khm@sciops.net>
To: 9front@9front.org
Subject: Re: [9front] Re: Death of user "mycroftiv"
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2022 22:41:37 -0700	[thread overview]

northernlights,

Thank you for the information.  Several of us are working to preserve
what content we can before the servers go dark.  You're welcome any time
on IRC.

On Wed, Jul 20, 2022 at 10:05:25PM -0700, Eli Cohen wrote:
> I also would like to correct you about this. That's not the proper way
> you would deliver a eulogy in person.
>
> It's good to consider your audience when you're addressing people.
> When you feel sorry before you hit send, just don't send it!
>
> On Wed, Jul 20, 2022 at 9:18 PM <magma698hfsp273p9f@icebubble.org> wrote:
> >
> > In lieu of gloating (really?) about mycroftiv's death, perhaps we could
> > reflect on his contributions to the P9 community.

This person was kind enough to reach out and provide some context and
information we didn't previously have.   Please stop bikeshedding their
words and just be grateful for the information.  Try to value the
honesty instead of this performative tone policing.  If you just can't
hold it in, go blog about it.

khm