Hello moody: On Tue, Apr 16, 2024 at 08:32:42AM -0500, Jacob Moody wrote: > It is understood that this bug only happens with intel kvm virtual machines. > From all that has been tested it was currently understood to affect newer intel machines. > It seems however that your machine is a bit older(10+ years) and still triggering this. > I've certainly run 9front in kvm on intel machines before so it is likely either > something that changed with us or something that has changed with QEMU. My money > is on some QEMU change. Ahhh.. That is a big help. > If you do not feel comfortable debugging I'm a programmer. :) I can look at the code, build and insert write statements, in qemu and the kvm module of linux. Cannot yet do anything like that with 9front. > but would still be interested in helping For sure. > perhaps you can help bisect 9front and qemu (one side at a time) to see if you can > narrow down what has changed to get more information to fix these things. > I would start with the nightly iso just to double check, Assuming that you mean a nightly iso of 9front, I just did that with 9front-10501.amd64.iso.gz. No noticable change; but then I don't yet understand 9front. I stopped it quickly. Attached is a jpg of what I saw. > then move back through the releases going back. Sorry, I don't understand. Releases of...qemu? 9front? There is a newer qemu (9.0.0-rc3) out; I will make a build of that, and then start looking at its code, and the kvm module code, to see if I can find, and maybe understand, the offending code. Thank you for the reply, Douglas. -- Bold character derived from stubborn patience and adversity. == Douglas Guptill, B.Sc., CCP, M.Comp.Sci., THB