* [9front] gefs: hidden in the installer
@ 2024-05-18 18:41 ori
From: ori @ 2024-05-18 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Gefs is now in the distro, and is hidden in the installer.
To install with gefs, you can enter 'gefs' at this prompt:

	File System (cwfs64x hjfs)[cwfs64x]

The next nightly iso will have this change.

* Re: [9front] gefs: hidden in the installer
@ 2024-05-19 19:37 ` Jacob Moody
From: Jacob Moody @ 2024-05-19 19:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

On 5/18/24 13:41, ori@eigenstate.org wrote:

> The next nightly iso will have this change.

Now available here: https://iso.only9fans.com/

* Re: [9front] gefs: hidden in the installer
@ 2024-05-20  3:07 ` ori
From: ori @ 2024-05-20  3:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Quoth ori@eigenstate.org:
> Gefs is now in the distro, and is hidden in the installer.
> To install with gefs, you can enter 'gefs' at this prompt:
>
> 	File System (cwfs64x hjfs)[cwfs64x]
>
> The next nightly iso will have this change.

Also, if you're giving it a spin, drop me a note. If
something goes wrong, *definitely* drop me a note.

I'd like to check in with people using it in a few
months and see how it's going; with luck, we can mark
it as experimental and expose it in the installer by
next release.

* Re: [9front] gefs: hidden in the installer
@ 2024-05-20  7:36   ` sirjofri
From: sirjofri @ 2024-05-20  7:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

20.05.2024 05:08:32 ori@eigenstate.org:
> Quoth ori@eigenstate.org:
>> Gefs is now in the distro, and is hidden in the installer.
>> To install with gefs, you can enter 'gefs' at this prompt:
>>
>>     File System (cwfs64x hjfs)[cwfs64x]
>>
>> The next nightly iso will have this change.
>
> Also, if you're giving it a spin, drop me a note. If
> something goes wrong, *definitely* drop me a note.

I plan to give my toughbook another try. Last time I wasn't able to get graphics working. If I get graphics, I plan to install it with gefs.

sirjofri