* doublepost test
@ 2013-09-13 11:07 Ethan Grammatikidis
From: Ethan Grammatikidis @ 2013-09-13 11:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

posting from web interface of fastmail.fm. sending only to
9front@9front.org

* Re: [9front] doublepost test
@ 2013-09-13 11:09 ` Ethan Grammatikidis
From: Ethan Grammatikidis @ 2013-09-13 11:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

one click on 'send' -> 2 posts from list. no clue why.

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013, at 12:07 PM, Ethan Grammatikidis wrote:
> posting from web interface of fastmail.fm. sending only to
> 9front@9front.org

* Re: [9front] doublepost test
@ 2013-09-13 11:32   ` Matthew Veety
From: Matthew Veety @ 2013-09-13 11:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

I only see one post from my end, brother.

Veety

On Sep 13, 2013, at 7:09, Ethan Grammatikidis <eekee57@fastmail.fm> wrote:

> one click on 'send' -> 2 posts from list. no clue why.
>
> On Fri, Sep 13, 2013, at 12:07 PM, Ethan Grammatikidis wrote:
>> posting from web interface of fastmail.fm. sending only to
>> 9front@9front.org

* Re: [9front] doublepost test
@ 2013-09-13 11:47     ` Ethan Grammatikidis
From: Ethan Grammatikidis @ 2013-09-13 11:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Good to know. I wonder if I'm subscribed twice... but if I am
something's broken because this doubling is new and I haven't even
looked at the list in a while. The doubles don't arive at exactly the
same time, so I suppose I'm on the server's list twice.

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013, at 12:32 PM, Matthew Veety wrote:
> I only see one post from my end, brother.
>
> Veety
>
> On Sep 13, 2013, at 7:09, Ethan Grammatikidis <eekee57@fastmail.fm>
> wrote:
>
> > one click on 'send' -> 2 posts from list. no clue why.
> >
> > On Fri, Sep 13, 2013, at 12:07 PM, Ethan Grammatikidis wrote:
> >> posting from web interface of fastmail.fm. sending only to
> >> 9front@9front.org

* Re: [9front] doublepost test
@ 2013-09-13 14:02       ` Kurt H Maier
From: Kurt H Maier @ 2013-09-13 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Quoting Ethan Grammatikidis <eekee57@fastmail.fm>:

> Good to know. I wonder if I'm subscribed twice... but if I am
> something's broken because this doubling is new and I haven't even
> looked at the list in a while. The doubles don't arive at exactly the
> same time, so I suppose I'm on the server's list twice.

Check the X-Bullshit header.  It's unique per mailing -- when I was
double-subbed, I got two copies of each message, and even the message-id
fields were identical, but X-Bullshit tipped me off.

khm

* Re: [9front] doublepost test
@ 2013-09-13 16:27       ` Matthew Veety
From: Matthew Veety @ 2013-09-13 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

I would hit up sl. He can just look and fix it.

Unrelated: has there been talk about doing up the 9P mount for the archive?

* Re: [9front] doublepost test
@ 2013-09-13 16:58         ` Kurt H Maier
From: Kurt H Maier @ 2013-09-13 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Quoting Matthew Veety <mveety@gmail.com>:

> I would hit up sl. He can just look and fix it.
>
> Unrelated: has there been talk about doing up the 9P mount for the archive?

It's a single mbox file, so it would be kind of inefficient.
Read-only IMAP or some kind of mbox2html thing would be good.  Does
anyone have the code they use on 9fans?  Maybe we can get a mac to
serve it.

khm

* Re: [9front] doublepost test
@ 2013-09-13 18:15           ` sl
From: sl @ 2013-09-13 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

> It's a single mbox file

It's all been converted to mdir, now.

I can export it.

sl

* Re: [9front] doublepost test
@ 2013-09-13 18:16         ` Ethan Grammatikidis
From: Ethan Grammatikidis @ 2013-09-13 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013, at 03:02 PM, Kurt H Maier wrote:
> Quoting Ethan Grammatikidis <eekee57@fastmail.fm>:
>
> > Good to know. I wonder if I'm subscribed twice... but if I am
> > something's broken because this doubling is new and I haven't even
> > looked at the list in a while. The doubles don't arive at exactly the
> > same time, so I suppose I'm on the server's list twice.
> >

> Check the X-Bullshit header.  It's unique per mailing -- when I was
> double-subbed, I got two copies of each message, and even the message-id
> fields were identical, but X-Bullshit tipped me off.

There's no X-Bullshit at all in the first of each pair I'm getting.
X-Glyph is also missing, I picked that one to mention above. Without
X-Glyph it cannot be official 9front mail, no?

I've figured it must be Fastmail's new threaded interface picking up
mails from all folders to thread. I've already got new mail from other
people in my Sent folder. I suppose this is the converse; my sent mails
being pulled into threads.

I guess Fastmail's web app is no good after all. I'm not sure whether to
feel sad or relieved. On the one hand it's the first web app I've
actually liked, and the first email client I've been happy with in a
long time. On the other hand, it's a web app I actually started to like.
Creepy!