From: "Frank D. Engel, Jr." <fde101@fjrhome.net>
To: 9front@9front.org
Subject: Re: [9front] Introduction and regarding guidance
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2022 20:27:09 -0400	[thread overview]

If you need something to start with, something I personally find
annoying is that when I connect to one of my CPU servers using drawterm
I am prompted for my secstore password *twice* instead of just once.

I looked at it a while back and figured out why it was happening, at it
made sense (I would need to dig in again as it has been a while, but it
was something to the effect of the first one being used to authenticate
to the file server before factotum was up, then the second one being
used to populate factotum?), but I couldn't immediately think of a
"good" secure way to fix it at the time and have just been living with
it for now.

I definitely wouldn't mind that being fixed if it can be done safely,
though this might be somewhat challenging for a beginner, as for one
thing you would basically need to have at least a bit of a cluster setup
to reproduce it.