From: cinap_lenrek <cinap_lenrek@gmx.de>
To: 9front <9front@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: package manager? seriously?
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 06:16:36 -0700 (PDT)	[thread overview]

i completly agree with this!

i'm not a fan of package managers... compiling and installing native
stuff in plan9 is very easy... you untar a file somewhere, run mk
install
and its done... after this procedure, you know exactly what files
where
installed/changed and the process is transparent and not hidden in
replica logs and shell scripts...

but the image changes when you consider ape ports... these *have*
dependencies and unfortunatly are not self contained :-(

maybe we just add the stuff in the 9front distribution then?

--
cinap