* Re: [9front] inferno on android 9
       [not found] <51B98C6D37042B903F0D11131DA750FF@ewsd.inri.net>
@ 2020-02-22 14:17 ` Ethan Gardener
From: Ethan Gardener @ 2020-02-22 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

On Thu, Feb 20, 2020, at 3:42 AM, sl@stanleylieber.com wrote:
> i was able to install the lastest apk from here:
>
> 	https://github.com/bhgv/Inferno-OS_Android

> anyone else tried this?

yes. i didn't give it a thorough test or help with debugging, which i regret a little bit. it crashed sometimes. i have no idea what triggered it or if it improved with later versions. it supports truetype fonts and some of the UI is already set up to use them. this helps with getting started, but you'll probably want to use man in the shell rather than wm/man.

bhgv recommended i compile his version of inferno for windows too. i didn't, but if i take inferno up again, it's an option.

* Re: [9front] inferno on android 9
@ 2020-02-20 14:45   ` Stanley Lieber
From: Stanley Lieber @ 2020-02-20 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

On February 20, 2020 6:44:54 AM EST, kvik@a-b.xyz wrote:
>> anyone else tried this?
>
>I installed it on my pocket telescreen around a year ago with
>a certain amount of matchmaking required between the apk
>and the root that would work with it.
>
>The main problem is wm being very awkward to use on a small
>touchscreen, unsurprisingly.
>
>It may be more useful as a headless integration platform but
>I haven't investigated its abilities in that regard.

many years ago (before dpi9k) i managed to cpu from inferno to 9front:

http://plan9.stanleylieber.com/inferno/img/20130426.png

sl

* Re: [9front] inferno on android 9
       [not found] <34962CCF7DA7CAA45726085498391847@ewsd.inri.net>