From: cinap_lenrek@felloff.net
To: 9front@9front.org
Subject: Re: [9front] Booting EFI (or work-arounds to install 9front on GPT partition)?
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2014 14:53:27 +0100	[thread overview]

> A question about an "efi install" - I suppose that 9fat then will point to the
> ESP partition? Will it understand or default to something like EFI/boot/Plan9/
> so that it can nicely co-exist with other OSes?

most likely yes, but it hasnt been tried yet :)

with DOS partition table, EFI just accesses 9FAT partition and looks for
\EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI and runs it. after that everything is the same as with
bios boot.

you can try copying /386/boot*.efi to EFI/boot/Plan9 in your ESP and see
if it gets started.

right now, the loader looks only for \PLAN9.INI in the boot partition
(whatever this is the ESP or 9FAT) and the bootfile= path is relative to
the boot partition thet EFI provides us.

--
cinap