Hello everyone, It has also bugged me that dead keys didn't work for me in Drawterm under Linux. Especially "^" and "`" is dead characters in the Swedish/Finnish layout. Of course it is not so hard to modify the keyboard layout (in Linux) to make them non-dead, especially as I so far mainly used them alone in Plan 9 (e.g. ` and ^ and not so much à and ô). That said, I prefer to use a single non-redundant layout per keyboard, and being able to type in various languages witout switching layouts. On a related topic: Most of the time I drawterm from Linux to my 9front cpu-server, but I have started using a rasberry pi terminal instead running Millers image. Doing so, I realised that my Keyboard did not generate any key- code for "extra" key on my European ISO 105-key keyboard, when connected to usb on the rpi using a PS/2 to USB-adapter. I had only used it with PS/2 in Plan 9 on PC-hardware before, and I soon found out that the 105th key works well with both PS/2 and USB under 9front, but only with PS/2 in the Bells-version (Thank you 9fronters for that!) So I assume that switching to 9front on my rpi would solve that issue :-) Wishing you good Saturday, Jonas Amoson Ps. This is my first post to this very list, but I have been around using Plan 9 for some time. 2017-03-15 00:57 skrev Julius Schmidt: > Dead keys didn't work as intended, a recent commit adds support for grave, > acute, circumflex and tilde; but they don't function as dead keys. > To get proper dead key support we would need XIM support, which doesn't > seem terribly difficult to do with Xlib, but I'm not sure it's worth > adding since I don't know anyone that would use XIM with drawterm. > > So if anyone is interested in having deadkeys or other X input chicanery > (like the crazy CJK input mechanisms) working in drawterm, please speak > up. > > Related. There are like 8 more dead accents that I was too lazy to look > the unicode equivalents up. > They're documented in https://www.x.org/docs/XKB/XKBproto.pdf [1] Appendix > C.1.5 on page C-3 (page 119 in the pdf). > > The full list is: > > 254 80 DEAD GRAVE ACCENT > 254 81 DEAD ACUTE ACCENT > 254 82 DEAD CIRCUMFLEX > 254 83 DEAD TILDE > 254 84 DEAD MACRON > 254 85 DEAD BREVE > 254 86 DEAD DOT ABOVE > 254 87 DEAD DIAERESIS > 254 88 DEAD RING ABOVE > 254 89 DEAD DOUBLE ACUTE ACCENT > 254 90 DEAD CARON > 254 91 DEAD CEDILLA > 254 92 DEAD OGONEK > 254 93 DEAD IOTA > 254 94 DEAD VOICED SOUND > 254 95 DEAD SEMI VOICED SOUND > 254 96 DEAD DOT BELOW > > If anyone wants to complete the translation table in drawterm, please go > ahead. Links: ------ [1] https://www.x.org/docs/XKB/XKBproto.pdf