* [9front] Incoming mails disappearing
@ 2022-04-28 13:09 sirjofri
From: sirjofri @ 2022-04-28 13:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9front

Hello all,

For some time already I noticed that my incoming mails are sometimes
disappearing from my inbox. They have enough time to show up on my phone
(FairEmail client). First I thought it's only the mails I send to myself
via cron (for people asking: calendar output and a todo file), but it
just recently affected a mail I got from ori (who kindly sent the mail
again so I can read it).

Here are some conditions for mails that are affected and also some
details:

Only mails in my personal inbox (mbox directory) are affected. Mails that
are filtered and go to a different directory (ahemm, mailing lists) were
never removed from their directory.

I can see the mails arriving on my phone for a short amount of time (~1
second) and it feels like I can open them when I click the notification
fast enough. Sometimes however, I am just directed to my inbox directory
and the mail is missing.

The mails are really removed, not just hidden from imap. I wasn't able to
find the mails in the box directories, the queue or any tmp directory
that's used while processing.

I might have a weird configuration somehow. Did someone else notice any
similar issues? Any idea what might be wrong?

Using upas for years now and the issue wasn't bad for me personally until
a day ago when ori sent me that mail...

sirjofri