Ok, I included /sys/src/cmd/aux/vga/jgfx.c and /sys/src/9/pc/vgaigfx.c. Many pesonal comments, though some of them might be my miss-understasnding. If so, please forget them. Many A<<0xFF like lines might not be neccessary, however, some of them are definitely important. Present patch isn't aimed to use for DP connector, because I have no DP input monitor here. I tried DP->HDMI connector, but failed. I have no motivation for it, sorry. my /cfg/pxe/XXXXXX is as follows: #Core-i5 Dell Optiflex 790 desktop (Sandy-bridge) bootargs=tcp bootfile=/386/9pcf nobootprompt=tcp mouseport=usb monitor=E1780SD display=1 vgasize=1280x1024x32 Kenji PS. this mail is written on the new sandy-bridge machine, and posted its sysinfo to the 9front's web site.